Ready to Retire? Prepare for What's Next
Although financial plans are the most important plans for retirement, you also need to take into consideration your plans for health optimization, your family’s well-being, and your own personal purpose. Here at Independent Wealth Management, we take a holistic approach and help you identify your needs and wants for all of your plans – not just your financial ones.
Did you know?
- If you retire at 65, you have 37% of your life in front of you!
- About 50% of "retirees" work in retirement. Some of this is unpaid and others pursue another career altogether.
- Mental health is a surprising key concern in retirement - especially for men.
- Having activities you enjoy and keep you engaged with friends and family are key to physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Where to live is the second most talked about retirement topic behind financial plans.
- And best of all, people in retirement are happier than before retirement!
Sometimes, what not to do is just as important as what to do. Our team at Independent Wealth Management won’t let you fall into these retirement traps.
Top 5 Retirement Mistakes
1. Taking a large withdrawal from your 401k to pay off your mortgage at retirement
2. Overspending early in retirement.
3. Not accounting for health care costs.
4. Moving to a new area without spending time in that area first.
5. Not having a plan for how you’ll spend your days/over committing in the early days of your retirement
Contact us today to set up a complimentary initial consultation!
Our team at Independent Wealth Management is committed to helping you establish the foundation for your financial freedom. We don’t just look out for our clients’ portfolio balances; we treat our clients the way we would want to be treated – like people with dreams and objectives unique only to them. As an Independent Wealth Management client, you will be empowered to make sound financial decisions and have confidence in those choices.